The production geochemistry is of particular importance identifying specific features in the origin of petroleum samples, deposition of source rock, hydrocarbon generation, and oil and gas migrations that lead to petroleum accumulations. Geochemistry concepts are applied to source rock evaluation, oil-to-oil, oil-to-source rock correlations, and interpreting natural gas data in exploration; also assist in development and production phase, supporting reservoir continuity, production allocation, water flooding and EOR projects.
Our consultants have the experience applying geochemistry fundamentals to support the hydrocarbon exploration, reservoirs identification, fluid movements in large hydrocarbon basin, solving continuity and delimitation of compartments. Identifying sources of oil spills, and monitoring waterflooding and gas flooding enhanced oil recovery projects.
Petroleum geochemistry can be applied to field development, production optimization, understanding of reservoir continuity, assist in reservoir appraisal by helping to identify oil shows and pay zones, make preliminary assessment of oil column quality, and in determination of fluid contacts, dealing the problems of organic deposition, reservoir continuity, production monitoring, commingling problems, production allocation, monitoring EOR projects and reservoir souring. Our consultants have the concepts, tools, and methods to evaluate source rocks, crude oils, and natural gases and have applied to the solution of problems in production and development
Fingerprint technology with state-of-the-art chemo-metrics is used in geochemistry in the evaluation of the horizontal and vertical fluids connectivity and optimal reservoir continuity assessments, defining oil reservoir units for efficiently management of petroleum reservoirs.
Our services in Production Geochemistry include:
- Interpretation of geochemical fingerprints of Gas, Oil, and Water
- Origin and extent of tar formations (tar mats)
- Reservoir Continuity Assessments and Delineation of Reservoir Compartments
- Petroleum geochemistry studies estimation of exploration risk
- Hydrocarbon generation, migration, and accumulation processes within a basin prior to drilling
- Hydrocarbons Quality Distribution in a Basin
- Identifying Missed Pay zones
- Maximizing Waterflood Efficiency, identifying fluid flow units within the reservoirs and optimizing a waterflood
- Allocating Commingled Production
- Detecting Cementing, casing and tubing failures Predicting Flow-assurance Problems
- Identifying Source of Spills and Environmental Contamination
- Solving Tax Litigation issues by Geochemistry studies
Please contact us to place an experienced Production Geochemistry Consultant on your company to work defining Geochemistry solutions to gas and oil exploration or development project in any country around the world. We also have training programs to provide customized Production Geochemistry Applications to your company staff .