Jorge is a Petroleum Engineer from the University of Lafayette Louisiana, specialist in Drilling Optimization and Performance, with 40 years’ experience in drilling operations, drilling optimization and interdisciplinary teamwork in Mexico, USA, Argentina, Colombia, Scotland, and Venezuela.
Jorge started his career in 1979 with Lagoven s.a. affiliated of PDVSA in the offshore North Paria exploration campaign, led the drilling engineering group in the exploration and development of El Furrial Field, a giant oil field discovered in Venezuela.
In Late 1990 he joined Baker Hughes holding positions in Integrated Services for major clients in Aberdeen, Scotland, Houston, USA, and Bogota, and for Tesco Corporation as Regional Manager of Tubing & Casing Drilling Applications for Latin America in Buenos Aires, Mexico City and Houston.
Currently Jorge is a consultant in Drilling Engineering focused on Optimization and Drilling Data Analytics, sharing knowledge in different courses for the International Oil and Gas Industry, Universities. He lectures is association with MineaOil Limited.
This training is a five-day session covering the theory, the practice and the fundamentals of drilling engineering applicable to Onshore and Offshore Operations, conventional and unconventional wells.
The course is composed by a series of theory sessions, and practical cases describing how to prepare and design a drilling program for shallow, deep and HPHT wells, followed by how to plan and execute a drilling campaign; techniques of cost estimations, drilling monitoring and controls the drilling parameters.
Learning is reinforced by working on a series of highly comprehensive videos, and round tables. The course will provide documentation and guidelines for those participants interested in keeping learning and updating their knowledge.
It is lectured by Jorge Sanguino, a Petroleum Engineer Drilling Specialist with extensive field experience acquired in onshore and offshore drilling operations in South America, North America, and Europe.
- Petroleum and Drilling Engineers,
- Drilling and Operation Managers
- Reservoir Engineers, Geologists, and other Geoscientists
- Costing and Planning Analysts
- Commercial personnel entering in tasks of finance, economics and planning.
This training can be done in house based on workshop sessions for groups of delegates with interest in understanding the principles and applications of drilling engineering fundamentals and practices.
Introduction to the Oil & Gas Industry, Upstream, Midstream and Downstream
- The Upstream Segment of the Oil & Gas Industry
- The Geoscience Studies
- The Drilling of Wells
- The Production of Wells and fields.
- The Planning phase of Drilling Wells.
- The Organizations involved
- The Outsiders
- The People and the Equipment
Equipment required to drill Oil and Gas wells.
- The Rigs, Types of Rigs vs Well Types
- Rig Components
- Well Components
- Design of wells based on depths and Pressures
- The Risks – The accidents
- Rig Components Design
- Well Components Design.
Steps to design a Well.
- The Data
- The Analysis
- Well practical field cases
- How to Budget a Well and a Project
- Practical Examples
Differences between Wells
- Land/ Onshore Wells
- Shallow Water Wells
- Deep and Ultra Deep-Water Wells
- Completion of Wells and Production of Wells
- Completion types
- Land Vs Offshore Completions & Production wells
- Shale Oil and Shale Gas
- Other type of Unconventional Wells
- Round Table and Discussions.
End of Training